Oh my gosh you guys. I’m home. And it feels so damn good.
First of all, what God are you all sacrificing to in order to get this weather? Because it was -2 in Quesnel this morning, and +12 in Maple Ridge. Clearly we are doing something wrong up there.
I had severe culture shock at the grocery store this morning. I forgot how big grocery stores are here. I forgot how nice it was to have a SELECTION of cheese. Not just one kind of brie, but nine kinds! NINE KIDS OF BRIE. This is living.
Seriously though, I had to take a few deep breaths between the frozen goods. I’m home. HOME!
However, I will say that the best part of coming home was finding that the season premiere episode of Hart of Dixie was on TV the moment I walked in the door. It’s like my TV knew I was home. Oh yes, it knew.
I actually hugged the Keurig this morning.
I don’t know what I’m going to do when I actually see my family. Probably spontaneously combust.
On that note, I should probably say what I’m thankful for, because this is a blog and I am cheesy.
1. I am thankful for my parents, even though they aren’t here. You are forgiven, you tailgating, Buckeye loving parents, you.
2. I am thankful for my sisters. Mostly because no one understands my particular brand of crazy like they do.
3. I am thankful for Colin. Because he drove the whole way home yesterday.
4. I am thankful for Daisy. Because she makes me look normal.
5. I’m thankful for ALL OF YOU! Thanks for reading, for laughing, and for telling me to keep writing. You get me through the bad days. I love you more than my luggage.
PS that was in no particular order, even though I, you know, ordered it. Love y’all equally.
But there’s definitely a favourite or two in there. Just not telling.